Skin care review: SK II Emulsion and Caudalie Resveratrol Eye Firming cream

These are two of the things that I bought during Sephora's 20% off sale.  I'm always searching for good skin care that I can afford.  I used to use Skinceuticals' Phloretin CF serum, which I liked a lot, but I just can't afford it right now.  So I searched Sephora for skin care that had good reviews and that targeted skin that was losing elasticity.  That is my big problem now, and although my dermatologist said there isn't a skincare product that can tighten skin once it gets to a point like mine, I want to believe something can at least help.  I had heard good things about SK II's masks, and it's facial lift emulsion had mostly good reviews, AND it came in a nice big size (3.3 Fluid ounces).  Considering how much I was getting, the price was the same as many others like Estee Lauder that were cheaper but smaller.  Also most reviewers said that a little went a long way.  That is absolutely true, btw.  A pea sized amount covers my whole face. It feels good when I apply it and I feel like it's moisturizing. and my skin seems better overall, I'm not breaking out as much as I used to.

The other item I bought was Caudalie's Resveratrol Firming eye cream.  I've read some good things about resveratrol in general, so I thought it would be a good thing to try.  I've been using Skinceutical's Eye Balm for awhile, and I do think it helps the skin on my eye lids a bit and it definitely has kept me from getting crow's feet by my eyes.  But it is expensive, so I've been looking around for something else.  I like the consistency of Caudalie's cream, it's easy to dot onto my eyes.  I think it takes more than a month to see the results of any skin care product, but I don't think the Caudalie cream is going to last more than a month.  I seem to be going through it pretty fast.  I do think the skin on my upper eye lids is a bit tighter and not as puffy, which makes me happy.

Overall I feel positive about the SK II, and I like the Caudalie cream, too.  I will definitely buy the SK II emulsion again and also the Caudalie.

Another skin care product that I keep purchasing is Strivectin's Neck Cream.  I've been using it for a few years now and aside from some fat from being overweight, I think the skin on my neck looks good.  So I do recommend it, as well as Skinceuticals Phloretin CF if you can afford it.  If any of you have eye cream or skin care that you just love, please share!

Comments

  1. Good review! I'm starting to have that extra skin under my chin and so I'll check out the Strivectin's Neck Cream for sure.

    Monica.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard to find something you like that works because there is so much out there! I really do love the SK II, though. It feels so good and such a little bit covers my whole face. Now if I can just find the perfect eye cream!
      Btw, if you can afford Skinceuticals I would definitely buy their Phloretin CF or CE Ferulic. Their lip cream is very nice, too, and a little lasts a long time on that.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments? Stories? I'd love to read comments related to the post topics.

Popular Posts